Our Latest Video
Gibbstown Fire Co. Annual Fund Drive
wind: 3mph S
H 55 • L 42
In the 1880’s, virtually every aspect of an employee’s life was influenced by his employer, from livelihood to social activities to housing. The Du Pont Clubhouse was constructed in 1883 to provide social and recreational activities to unwind after a long day’s labor. The Club provided a library, auditorium, bowling alley, billiard tables, luncheon counter, exercise room, gymnasium, and tennis courts.
The townships were formed using rivers and creeks as dividing lines and the inhabitants of the area between the Barclay River and Great Mantoes Creek requested that the land be divided and formed into the Township of Greenwich. The actual division was accomplished in 1695.
Hiram Hall, inventor of the Hall Machine at Du Pont, drove the first car through town on May 5, 1899, completing a trip from Gloucester City to Gibbstown in 55 minutes.
In the 1880’s, virtually every aspect of an employee’s life was influenced by his employer, from livelihood to social activities to housing.
On March 12, 1900 ten men banded together and established a Charter for the Gibbstown Fire Company.
The engine was placed into service August 1997.
Ladder 2116 was placed into service in January 2000.
The Rescue was placed in service October 2003.
Brush 2115 is a 1994 Chevy KC 2500 4×4 pickup truck.
Utility 2117 is a 1996 Ford Crew-cab 4×4 pickup.